Team Work – I have worked hard as part of a team in various roles to create successful events.
Organisational Skills and Time Management – I am very good at planning ahead, delegating jobs, understanding priorities and the importance of delivering work on time.
Leadership – I have over a year’s experience as a pub manager, which I gained whilst working in a busy Bristol venue. I’ve also produced events where I have managed performers, briefed security and handled the public in a confident and calm manner.
Communication – Working in busy environments has highlighted the importance of clear information. Whether face-to-face or over the phone, being able to send and receive clear instructions is vital.
Negotiation – I have had to negotiate with performers or customers whether in a sales position, organising events for Slingshot or securing filming locations for free. Firm but fair is my approach and I aim to have everyone satisfied in the end.
Problem Solving – I can think on my feet, and having a creative background often helps me overcome issues from a different perspective.
2016 – 2017 PGCE, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool
- School direct training to strengthen planning, teaching and leadership skills.
- These skills ensure effective differentiation when delivering workshops and classroom experiences.
2014 – 2016 MA Design, University of the West of England, Bristol
- Furthering my skills and knowledge in the world of technology and fabrication.
- Using CAD software for 3D printing, CNC and Laser Cutting.
- Learning how to communicate and collaborate on ideas.
2011- 2014: BA (Hons) Media Practice, University of the West of England, Bristol
- Working on various projects including short films, interactive media pieces and live events.
- I specialised in writing, producing and collaborating on projects.
- Delivering presentations to peers and professionals.
- Full understanding of Microsoft Office, Google Docs and basic training on Adobe including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Audition.
2010-2011: The Open University, AA100 (60 Credits) The Arts Past and Present
- Short course studying arts, history and philosophy.
2007- 2010: Liverpool Community College, Photography
- National Diploma- Triple Distinction
- First Diploma- Distinction
January 2015 – July 2016: Events Supervisor Engine Shed Bristol
- Meeting the organisers and listening to their needs, setting up furniture, audio-visual equipment and ensuring catering is delivered on time.
- Sitting on main reception greeting people, receiving telephone calls, taking bookings, resolving enquires and creating documents using Word and Excel.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the building, as well as fire evacuations.
- Closing down the building, setting alarm systems and using door-locking software.
June 2015 – November 2015: Artist in Residence Watershed Bristol
- Creating interactive sculptures in shared spaces.
- Delivering presentations at creative events.
May 2013 – February 2015: Senior Bar Staff Cat & Wheel Bristol
- General pub duties including serving, cleaning, changing barrels and stock refills.
- Supervising bar on busy nights, paying bands and training new staff members.
- Having a duty of care for customers.
July 2014 – October 2014: Future Producer Watershed Bristol
- Part of the talent development programme to strengthen skills in producing.
- Working as part of a small group to produce the two-day event Fun Palace at the Watershed.
- Creating props and decoration for the Family Arts Festival.
- Key skills included collaborating, programming, budgeting, marketing, managing contributors and the live event.
September 2013 – July 2014: Bower Ashton Student Radio Manager UWE Bristol
- Training new Hub radio members.
- Ensuring Bower Ashton continues to have a studio to broadcast from.
July 2013 – September 2013: Box Office Slingshot Bristol
- Working with the famous cross-city zombie chase game 2.8 Hours Later.
- Dealing with customer bookings, enquires and emailing players important information.
- Approaching media companies to advertise the game for various locations.
- Updating social media daily and running competitions.
- Managing the Box Office on location, briefing security and volunteers and being the first point of contact for players.
- Key holder.
October 2012 – June 2014: Student Ambassador UWE Bristol
- Helping run events and open days at the University of the West England.
- Working alongside staff and students to present the University to external parties.
- Presenting and providing tours to prospective students.
- Teaching young people about architecture, design and the built environment.
- Creative Club – delivering creative workshops to vulnerable adults.
- Playable City Conference
- Working at festival sites including Shambala both onsite and backstage.
Bristol Events Volunteering
- Working at events including IG fest, See No Evil and 2.8 Hours Later
Street Gaming, Pervasive Media, Technology, Inventing, Radio, Music, Comedy and Photography.
Full Clean Driving Licence
Available on request